Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > If I have sex with someone that has herpes 2

If I have sex with someone that has herpes 2

Patient: If I have sex with someone that has herpes 2 and the condom burst can I catch herpes from the person

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.If condom was burst while doing activity with an infe cted person then there are high chances of spread.If the partner is having active disease then the chances increase multifolds.You may take prophylactic acyclovir or if developed symptoms already can start it as treatment option.Discuss this with your doctor before acting upon my advice.I hope it helps.Stay healthy.