Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > If I send you a picture of my transvaginal scan

If I send you a picture of my transvaginal scan

Patient: If I send you a picture of my transvaginal scan could you take a quick look and see if anything looks abnormal?

Symptoms: Spotting between periods, abdominal tenderness, fatigue

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.If we observe during conducting the ultrasound, better opin ion can be given. Because all structures may not be covered in few pictures.According to the pictures you attached, uterus is appearing bulky. It could be due to causes like fibroid, adenomyosis etc. These problems can lead to abdominal tenderness.Spotting between periods can be seen due to causes like fibroids, polyps, cervical erosion, gonadal hormonal imbalance.If symptoms persist, please consult your doctor and get evaluated.Take care.