Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > If I was sick yesterday, and still sick today with a cold

If I was sick yesterday, and still sick today with a cold

Patient: If I was sick yesterday, and still sick today with a cold, and I kissed someone who is sick today, could I have gotten more sick yesterday? Or is that not possible with the same virus?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I do not understand your question exactly. If you were sick and kissed someone who was a lso sick, it is possible that you get more sick. This is if your friend has a Bacterial infection, and you have a viral infection, you could get the Bacterial infection as well.For more info and help, please see a GP. Wishing you the best.