Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > If I’m 5’0" and weigh 125 is that healthy

If I’m 5’0" and weigh 125 is that healthy

Patient: If I’m 5’0″ and weigh 125 is that healthy? How much will I need to lose to look thin?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Noted that your have mentioned your height as 5 feet.You have mentioned 125 but not whe ther this is in kg or pounds.If 125 pounds is taken into consideration then your BMI is 24 +, meaning just touching your higher limit of normal.If 125 is taken as kg then the BMI is 55 + and you come under the category of obese class III. your normal weight in kilogram should be within the range of 41.6kgs – 56.3 kgs.Please calculate your BMI.If you are 125 pounds you are in the normal range and do not need to worry or loose the weight.I hope this answers your query.