Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > If I’m on the placebo week of my birth control

If I’m on the placebo week of my birth control

Patient: If I’m on the placebo week of my birth control and he uses a condom. Is it likely that I could get pregnant? This was 2 months ago, I have no symptoms. I haven’t gained any weight. But my stomach has felt bloated and I can feel my heartbeat in my lower abdomen and it occasionally twitches. I had a period last month and I’m supposed to start my period next week.

Symptoms: Bloating. Stomach twitching

Doctor: Hello dear,Thanks for trusting ATD about your health care.I can understand your concerns.The chances of pregna ncy are not there in your case as you had your period last month and you are on birth control pills and he used condom.It can be a side effect of birth control pills.So do not take any stress and wait and watch for your menses.Hope it is useful, feel free to ask more questions.Good luck.Regards