IF intermeittent fasting

Q: I was looking into IF intermittent Fasting. its new a technique used to loss weight and make the body healthier. Nothing crazy, its a process and almost a science. but it starts with 12 hours eating 12 hours not eating which i pretty much do anyway. eat 8am-8pm sleep 8pm-8am. its saying if i work my way up to one day period in the week and two days a week down the road i can actually increase my health and lower body fat in a healthy manner. I starved my self as a wrestler and that did nothing but bring bad news. but i also wasnt on a schedule or eating much at all anyway. he is a qoute from the sight. any help would be appriciated. i dont want to hurt myself to look good, but if this is a healthy opiton then i would like to try it.

"Data show that IF, when done properly, might help extend life, regulate blood glucose, control blood lipids, manage body weight, gain (or maintain) lean mass, and more."