If not Lipoma what is it?

Patient

Q: I have a large, 10 cm (X4 cm estimate ) growth on my back (waist level) that was originally thought to be a giant lipoma by three doctors. The growth is hard and palpable with no defined root. Six years it grew from walnut size. I was Thin at beginning and have gained 70 lb in 6 years and growth has tripled in size during this time.
MRI ended up ruling out Lipoma. Surgical nurse says it is "just fat" according to MRI Doctor and I should "lose weight" to shrink growth. Growth is visible and I have history of lipoma s and cysts removed throughout body. Can MRI mistaken fat tissue type? Is it normal to have a hard, crescent shape growth that is visible and palpable when one is overweight? Only on one side and tissue feels totally different than rest of body?

Symptoms:  Visible large growth in waist area. tender if played with
Doctor