Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > If someone had brain surgery a week ago would they

If someone had brain surgery a week ago would they

Patient: If someone had brain surgery a week ago would they be well enough to walk around with no problem?

Doctor: Hello.Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.It all depends on what kind of surgery is performed and which part of brain, if any is removed. As far as moving around is concerned, we always stress on early mobility to prevent complications.In my opinion if a person is able to walk with support, he should be allowed to but under supervision. However, he should not be allowed to cross roads, drive or handle any machinery until declared fit by the doctor.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy