If someone is taking an anitibiotic for bronchitis are they

Patient

Q: If someone is taking an anitibiotic for bronchitis are they contagious?

Doctor

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.

Bronchitis is not itself contagious but mostly acute attack of bronchitis are associated with some sort of infection.
Normally, a person is contagious in any infection of respiratory tract, but once antibiotics are started, usually the person gets free of contagiousness within 72 hours of taking the antibiotics.
However, it also depends on you, that how your immunity acts against the infection.
In my opinion, if you get any symptoms, seek your doctor's help.
Share my opinion with your doctor.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy