If you have a abnormally low platelet count

Patient : If you have a abnormally low platelet count is it thrombocytopenia regardless of the cause of the low platelet count?
Doctor :   Hello. Thank you for writing to us. Thrombocytopenia is defined as a low platelet count. Regardless of the cause thr ombocytopenia occurs if your platelet count goes below 150,000 per ml. Some Doctors consider thrombocytopenia when levels reach less than 50,000 per ml. Talk to your Doctor to reach the cause. Then, you can work to correct it. Hope this helps. All the best.