Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > If you have a small torso does that effect the chances of you being able to have a baby?

If you have a small torso does that effect the chances of you being able to have a baby?

Patient: If you have a small torso does that effect the chances of you being able to have a baby?

Doctor: Having a small torso will not reduce your chances of becoming pregnant. However if you are shorter than 5 feet are more likely to have a small pelvis, which may make movement of the fetus through the pelvis and vagina (birth canal) difficult during labor.Certainly if small pelvis is detected during your pregnancy, your doctor will suggest you to deliver by C section to avoid possible complications of natural birth such as should distocia in the baby. I hope I cleared your doubt.