If you hit your arm hard and your entire arm

Patient : If you hit your arm hard and your entire arm bruises
If you hit your arm hard an...-1
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. It seems that you have a muscle or a soft tissue injury. These are injuries that occur w hen you hit something or get an injury and there is a release of some chemical mediators or of histamine which cause you the redness and the swelling. These are normal phenomena and you need not worry too much. You can try icing the area and take tablet Paracetamol to help you with the pain. Also, massage and heat the area later on to promote the blood flow in the region. This should start to help after 3 days. If it doesn't help you, please see a Doctor. All the best.