If you just found out your pregnant 

Patient

Q: If you just found out your pregnant and have to have surgery under general anesthetic how harmful is that for the baby

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

This is a very debatable question as the effects of anesthesia, anesthetic medicines and the stress of surgery will definitely be borne by the fetus.
Hence it is not advisable.
But hte other factors like whether the surgery is an emergency or a planned one, whether it can be done after the delivery and the risk on the mother about not operating are all other factors that your Surgeon, Gynecologist and anesthetist will keep in mind.

I hope this answer helps you to have an insight into the whole problems