If you keep getting laryngitis too much what happens

Patient

Q: If you keep getting laryngitis too much what happens and how can I prevent it from coming back

Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform.

Laryngitis that persists for more than 3 weeks is known as chronic laryngitis. This is most of the times Irritant Laryngitis that is caused by some allergen that is causing the continuous irritation. Most commonly it is caused by smoke, chemical fumes exposure, Acid reflux, smoking, excessive voice abuse like in teachers, singers. So, every case of Chronic Laryngitis needs evaluation of the formation of any vocal cord polyp. This required an OPD procedure called as Indirect Laryngoscopy that can evaluate the presence of any vocal cord nodule or polyp. Treatment of Chronic Laryngitis is mostly supportive. We advise our patients to give voice rest, to do warm saline gargles on a daily basis. Anti allergies like Levocetirizine also helps. Corticosteroid gargles are given to people who are found to have severe inflammation of Vocal cords.
Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy