If your husband smokes pot and you get pregnant are

Patient : If your husband smokes pot and you get pregnant are there any bad effects it will have on the child?
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Pot or cannabis use may not affect the fetus directly but i t can affect the sperm count in males and can lead to chromosomal abnormalities like deletion, insertion mutations etc, which can affect the fetus. So, better to stop using pot at least two months before planning for pregnancy for development of healthy spermatozoa. Take care.