I'm 10 weeks pregnant and went to use the restroom

Q: I'm 10 weeks pregnant and went to use the restroom and passed a large dark blood clot is my baby okay?

A:   Hi,

The possible causes of bleeding in your case are increased blood supply to local genital structures, growing gestational sac damaging the surrounding vessels, bleeding on expected date of periods as small gestational sac cannot completely obliterate uterine cavity, impending miscarriage etc.
Usually, minimal spotting with these type of cause will subside soon.
But as you have passed large clot, better to consult your doctor once and get examined.
By examination and an ultrasound the possible cause of the problem can be identified and the wellbeing of the baby can be monitored then management can be planned accordingly.

Take care.