Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m 12 years old and haven’t had my first period

I’m 12 years old and haven’t had my first period

Patient: I’m 12 years old and haven’t had my first period. I had unprotected anal sex. It was a mistake. Could I be pregnant. Please help

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.For pregnancy to occur, vaginal inte rcourse with ejaculation inside the female vagina is mandatory.Anal sex can’t cause pregnancy as the semen can’t meet the ovum.So please do not worry.Also, please use protection while having anal sex, as it increases the chances of both STDs and other infections, without protection.Hope this was helpful,Regards.