Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m 14 years old and I have sharp pain in

I’m 14 years old and I have sharp pain in

Patient: I’m 14 years old and I have sharp pain in my stomach and I need to know if it could be appendix or not Because I feel like vomiting and I have pain for awhile now

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform.You have not provided the details of the pain abdomen as the site and duration of pain, so i can’t really comment whether this is Appendicitis or not. In acute appendicitis, pain is in right lower abdomen. It is associated with fever and vomitings.A lot many times, pain abdomen due to acid reflux also presents with vomitings. So, a clinical co relation is required to rule out the problem. Your doctor will examine you for any tenderness, if he feels this is appendicitis, he will get your ultrasound done. If he feels, this is just acid reflux, he will treat you with a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.