I’m 15 and have never had sex but I have

Patient: I’m 15 and have never had sex but I have used tampons that have hurt to take out. Today I noticed a thin strand of flesh hanging out of my vagina from around my hole and I don’t know what it is. It does hurt but i don’t know if my hymen has broken on one side or if it’s something else ?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.What you have seems to be a vaginal prolapse. Please see a Doctor as soon as possible to get the right treatment. The treatment option for this will be to see a doctor and get surgery done. Hope this helps you. All the best.Hope this helps you.

Patient: I’m going to the doctor soon, I’m still very confused as it is not coming from inside my vagina but it is attached to the bottom part of my hole and is more to the right side of me. What is a prolapse and what causes them?