Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m 15 and i have hair loss.

I’m 15 and i have hair loss.

Patient: Hi , I’m 15 years old and i’ve noticed that it looks like i have a receding hairline…but only on one side of my head.My left side is fine , but i’ve noticed it has more hair that the left side and you can tell that there is hair missing.Please help me.

Symptoms: Stress

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.As per details, it seems that you having Androgenetic alopecia. It is characterised initially by thinning of hair followed by loss of hair mainly involving temporoparietal area.There is receding hairline which is a hallmark.it is due to male hormones like testosterone and dihydrotestosterone.In such cases, I prefer to advise topical minoxidil and oral finasteride to my patients.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you prescription accordingly.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy.