Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m 15 and I’m suffering from lower back pain I’ve

I’m 15 and I’m suffering from lower back pain I’ve

Patient: I’m 15 and I’m suffering from lower back pain I’ve had it for 10 months now and I can’t get rid of it pain killers don’t help take the pain away. I don’t know what to do?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.Long term back pain can be due to a ligament tear or sciatic pain. This type of pain is severe and usually not treated without taking very good care. Here is what you can do.See a Doctor and get MRI done of the are to see if the back in injured. Post this, surgery if needed will help. Also, consider taking steroid shots if the pain is severe.This should help you. All the best.