Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m 15 and my arms are small in width.

I’m 15 and my arms are small in width.

Patient: I’m 15 and my arms are small in width. I want to make them bigger so I have been eating more and working out. But nothings working. What will work?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.Here are things you need to do to gain weight:Eat a balanced meal 7 times a dayThe m eal should have a high protein content of at least 1.5 gm/kg of your target body weightWorkout with heavier weights as heavy weights cause hypertrophy of musclesReduce the amount of cardio you doIf you do not bulk after 1 month, please see a Doctor. He will examine you to see if any underlying disease is preventing you from gaining weight.Hope this helps you. All the best.