I’m 15 I had protected intercourse the day before my

Patient: I’m 15. I had protected intercourse the day before my period was to start. I’m now 7 days late. Could I be pregnant?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes.Usually, menstrual cycle with length of 21 days to 35 days should be considered as normal only.Usually in case of regular periods the possibility of ovulation one day before menstruation is less and that too as you had protected intercourse, the possibility of pregnancy is less.So, better to wait for few more days. If you do not get periods even after one more week, please go for urine pregnancy test once to rule out the possibility of pregnancy.If the test gives a negative result, you can take tablets to induce withdrawal bleeding with your doctor’s advice.Take care