I'm 15 years old and for the past 5 days

Q: I'm 15 years old and for the past 5 days both of my knees hurt. My left knee started to hurt at the touch the first day, then gradually, It became so bad that it is becoming harder for me to walk. It's really weird because I did not do anything to make my knees hurt, they just started to hurt. The sides and knee cap hurt, my thighs also have a bit of pain and so do my legs, the main source of pain are my knees. What do I do? Is it growing pains? HELP

Symptoms:  Pain on the side on my knees, knee cap, lower part of my knees, thighs, and legs.

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You may be having nonspecific arthritis such as viral arthritis. You need rest and analgesic such as ibuprofen for few days say one or two weeks. It is likely to resolve in this time. If it stays longer then you need to investigate further by x rays and blood investigation to know the cause. It is unlikely to be growing pains. Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.