I'm 15 years old and I think I have a

Patient

Q: I'm 15 years old and I think I have a problem with low blood sugar. My mom says it's not that big of a deal and I believe her but not sure if I should mention it to my doctor. I don't have diabetes of any sort and I've been having blood sugar problems for about 2 years now. I normally wake up at 8:30 on the weekends and if I don't eat anything before 10:00 I get dizzy, shaky, and I tend to sweat a lot. I have to snack on little things like pretzels or chips between meals or I begin to get these symptoms. I am on my high school softball team and am normally active for about 3 hours a day. Normally these symptoms wouldn't bother me because Inhave been dealing with it for a while but Inrecently had a accident. I was walking through my friends house going to get some juice because I wasn't feeling well and I fell and hit my head on her coffee table. Any advice would be wonderful! Thanks!
-Lindsay

Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform.
The symptoms you are describing is unlikely to be because of low blood sugars. I would advice you to get your thyroid profile checked. These can be symptoms of hyperthyroidism. So, thyroid profile will clear the picture. If that is also normal, then probably your symptoms are because of anxiety only. You should meditate and avoid excess of coffee and quit smoking in case you do.
In case you are worried for low blood sugar, get your HbA1c checked. If there is any evidence of hypoglycemia, your HbA1c would come low, and you will be evaluated accordingly.
Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.