I'm 16 and I'm scared that I might be pregnant

Q: I'm 16 and I'm scared that I might be pregnant. Had a light bleeding last week for a couple of days on my period. Today my stomach seems a bit bigger to me and I checked my weight as 127 when I was 124 two days ago. Am I pregnant?

A:   Hi,

Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes.
Sometimes scanty flow can be seen during periods due to gonadal hormonal imbalance, general conditions like anemia etc.
Usually uterus cannot be observed per abdomen in early pregnancy and variations in weight can be seen due to edema of tissues under hormonal effect, weighing machine variations etc.
If you are having history of unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation, there is possibility of pregnancy.
If you want to rule out the possibility of pregnancy, please go for urine pregnancy test once.

Take care.