Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Im 16 and mt hair isnt receding on the side

Im 16 and mt hair isnt receding on the side

Patient: Im 16 and mt hair isnt receding on the side but in the from of my hairline it looks like im losing hair under my hairline theres a space and then it looks like baby hair. Whats going on i cant put my hair up anymore bec it doesnt look normal

Symptoms: Hairlinr

Im 16 and mt hair isnt rece...-1

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.It seems to me that the hair in front has started to thin. This thinning occurs due to t he increase in the testosterone which cause an increase in DHT. It is DHT which causes an increase in hair fall. DHT causes hair fall in males and is a natural phenomenon.You can slow down hair fall by being gentle to your hair. Pat drying your hair instead of rubbing your hair dry. Also, see a Doctor if you start getting sudden and increased hair loss. Do not take hormone supplements as these will do more harm than good. Hope this helps you.All the best.