Im 16 and mt hair isnt receding on the side

Patient

Q: Im 16 and mt hair isnt receding on the side but in the from of my hairline it looks like im losing hair under my hairline theres a space and then it looks like baby hair. Whats going on i cant put my hair up anymore bec it doesnt look normal

Symptoms:  Hairlinr
Im 16 and mt hair isnt rece...-1
Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

It seems to me that the hair in front has started to thin. This thinning occurs due to the increase in the testosterone which cause an increase in DHT. It is DHT which causes an increase in hair fall. DHT causes hair fall in males and is a natural phenomenon.

You can slow down hair fall by being gentle to your hair. Pat drying your hair instead of rubbing your hair dry. Also, see a Doctor if you start getting sudden and increased hair loss. Do not take hormone supplements as these will do more harm than good. Hope this helps you.

All the best.