Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Im 16 and think i am pregnant I got my periods after sex

Im 16 and think i am pregnant I got my periods after sex

Patient: Im 16 and think i am pregnant. I got my period two days after sex and now it has been a month and i have had some pregnancy symptoms during this time. Is it possible that i am pregnant?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the queryI understand your concern.As you got periods after having intercourse, the possibility of pregnancy is less.Early pregnancy symptoms like nausea, breast tenderness etc can be seen in the premenstrual phase also.So, better to wait for one more week.Possibly by that time you will get periods.If you do not get periods even after one week, consult your Doctor and get evaluated.Hope this helps.Take care