Im 16 weeks pregnant can i still get morning sickness

Patient : Im 16 weeks pregnant can i still get morning sickness. I woke up very nauseated nd throwing up
Symptoms:  Pregnacy
Doctor :   Hello Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query. Mostly the morning sickness wanes off after first 12 weeks of pregnancy but then at some times it can persist uptill 24 weeks as well. Keep some toast at the bedside and have it when you wake up in the morning. This will reduce the morning sickness. Further the increased acidity can also cause the morning sickness and for that purpose ranitidine (150mg) can also be taken to reduce the acidity. Do meet your doctor.and discuss these treatment options. Hope this helps, Wish you a good health.