I'm 16 years old and I feel like I could be pregnant

Q: I'm 16 years old and I feel like I could be pregnant. I've been a bit sluggish and tired for 3 days already. I had sex about a week and 1 day ago. It was protected sex but I have a very huge feeling that the condom broke. I can't test myself positive because I can't afford a pregnancy test and if my parents find out, they'll shun me and possibly kick me out of the house. I know I shouldn't have done this, I knew the consequences but as a teenager we all have that mentality to think we can do whatever we want and nothing's going to happen. But I don't have the mentality to go through being a parent. I was suppose to start my period about a few days ago but it never came. I'm stressing out which probably might be one of the reasons why I'm not menstruating but then again, the condom probably broke. I need answers asap to do a home abortion. I've done some research and the best way to do an abortion at home and safely is by doing something before the first trimester ends. I feel I'm still good for that and the chances of abortion will be more effective. Vitamin C, parsley, can help with abortion, but can drinking apple juice, cranberry juice, eating apples, papayas, and lime induce a miscarriage? Please I have to know, I know ending a life of an unborn baby is wrong, but at this time of my life, it's really difficult to live with the fact that I might be pregnant. I need answers so I can do this safely and without my family knowing and going to an abortion clinic is hard because then my parents would find out... So please give an answer back. And if there are any other remedies to abort without it being a super high price let me know!!!

A:   Hi,

Symptoms are not sufficient to come to one conclusion regarding pregnancy. So, better to go for urine pregnancy test once to find out the possibility.
Before planning for abortion, you have to get examined by your doctor and have to undergo an ultrasound. Ultrasound is needed to confirm the intrauterine pregnancy, to estimate the gestational age and to rule out ectopic pregnancy.
After that according to the gestational age you can choose the method for abortion with your doctors advice.
Medical termination with tablets is possible up to eight weeks of gestation.
There is proved evidence that vitamin C, apples etc can induce abortion.
Usually, mifepristone followed by misoprostol tablets combination is used to for medical abortion.
Using tablets without ruling out ectopic pregnancy can lead do complications like rupture.
So, please do consult your doctor and proceed according to her advice.

Take care.