Im 16 years old and i have what i think


Q: Im 16 years old and i have what i think is a swollen lymth node under my chin im scared because its swollen and its a little harder to breath right now please tell me what i should do please!


A:   Hi.

Read and understood your history of a swelling under the chin, and harder breathing at the moment.
Both the issues may be totally different as it needs huge swelling and it is called Ludwings.
Do not worry so much.
If there is difficulty in breathing you should consult ta Doctor immediately to get checked up for a probable cause and its proper treatment.
Your Doctor may examine the lymph node and give you a course of an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medicines and this will settle out.
If there is no result within 7 day you will have to undergo tests of blood and FNAC for the lymph node to find out the cause and get treated properly.

Hope this helps you.

Related Q&A

Q: Hi, I have an history of breast cancer right side. Surgery conducted removed right breast treated with chemontheraphy...

Q: Can Influenza A get worse again after seemingly getting better in 13 year old boy?

Q: I am a 77 yr old woman who is scheduled for complex laparoscopic hiatal hernia repair surgery on Nov. 2. My aptt tes...

Q: Hello My gf (29) and I just had sex and I am not sure if I pulled out on time. She just took the Plan B pill bough...

Q: I was on amoxicillin for a round of that for a sinus infection and a UTI I've now had a cough With some mucus very an...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon