Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m 17 female I have BV and a UTI I

I’m 17 female I have BV and a UTI I

Patient: I’m 17 female I have BV and a UTI I also have pain in my right pelvis for that last 2 months increasing on my menstral cycle my apendix looks fine but I have not been pooping very often or very much the pain is now in my left pelvis and under my right rib cage as well this pain is sharp I feel weak irritable and slightly disoriented PLEASE help

Symptoms: Lack of stool 3 months, sivere pain in my right pelvis for the past 3 months increasing on my period, pain in the right pelvice for 1 week, sivere pain under my right rib cage since today, brusing easy, short temper, slightly disoriented, feeling weak and tired but can’t sleep

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.It seems you are suffering from Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) secondary to stone/stones in ureter.Mostly such symptoms are because of stones in the renal tract only.In most of the cases, ureteric stone can precipitate Urinary Tract Infection (UTI). Diabetes should also be ruled out in case of UTI.So, you should get an Ultrasound Abdomen and Urine culture. If any stone is found you would be treated based on size, site of stone. Also important here is to get a Fasting Blood Sugar tested to rule out diabetes that can cause UTI.If Urine infection is found you would be given antibiotics based on culture report.Share my opinion with your doctor.Stay Healthy