Im 17 years of age I am experiencing pruple stretch

Patient

Q: Im 17 years of age. I am experiencing pruple stretch marks on my inner arms, side of my breasts, and my stomach, they are very painful and itchy at times. could it br ive put on weight quickly? im shy to go to the doctor. please help me asap

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

Purple stretch marks can be an indication of Cushing's disease which is a disease in which the hormone levels are increased causing the pain and stretching you have described. See a Doctor to confirm the diagnosis.

This is nothing to be shy about and if you are, you can see a female Doctor for help.