I'm 17 years old and for the last few weeks

Patient

Q: I'm 17 years old and for the last few weeks my sleeping has been getting worse it's got to the point that I'm only managing to get an hour or two at the most I work 35 hours a week in the day time

Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

You seem to have some insomnia, which could be related to your work or stress levels.
You can try drinking a glass of milk before sleeping which would regularize the sleep pattern.
If it is not relieved, you can consult your physician who can give you Alprazolam at a recommended low dose of 0.5 mg for a week. This will help in making your sleep normal.

Hope this was helpful,
Regards.