I’m 17 years old and I have back spasms I

Patient: I’m 17 years old and I have back spasms. I got injured in football 7 months ago and they have not gone away. I have been to three physical therapists,chiropractor, lit octane injections and nothing has helped and I’m out of options.

Symptoms: Back spasms

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.You seem to be suffering from Prolapsed Intervertebral Disc Compression that is L5- S1 Radiculopathy.I would advise you to get a MRI lumbo-sacral spine done. Also you should get Serum Calcium and Vitamin D3 levels, ESR, CRP, Rheumatoid factor.For pain i advise following:1. A combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamine2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.5. SSRI like Duloxetine helps in long term.But if the compression is very severe, causing motor weakness, tingling on any side of the body then surgical intervention would be required.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy