I'm 17 years old, and I haven't had my period

Q: I'm 17 years old, and I haven't had my period in just a little over 3 months. About a month ago I took a pregnancy test, and it showed negative, and I took another one a week later, and it was also negative. In the past week or so, I've had sore breasts that look quite enlarged, and the last few days I've had random, short stomach cramps.
I also have four ulcers in my mouth, but I don't think that is relevant.
My mum is trying to book an appointment soon, but it's taking a while and it's just making me worry even more. I'm really scared. Can you please help me?

If you are experiencing amenorrhoea for last 3 months and it's the first time this has happened to you, with pregnancy tests negative, it is likely that you may be experiencing hormonal imbalance either due to stress or possible chances of PCOS.
PCOS is a common manifestation in your age group. It is characterised by oligomenorrhea, excessive hair growth and polycystic ovaries. Also, increased weight and increased insulin resistance accompanying it can cause anovulatory cycles and delay menses further.
This has to be evaluated with a hormonal profile and an ultrasound pelvis by your physician and accordingly advise can be directed. Please visit you Physician for a detailed examination.

Hope this helps.