Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m 17 years old my boyfriend and me had sex

I’m 17 years old my boyfriend and me had sex

Patient: I’m 17 years old my boyfriend and me had sex last night and the condom broke and he came inside of me and I was elivates

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.As you experienced a condom misadventure during the sexual act and your partner ejacul ated inside your vagina , then if you have been in your fertile period, chances of pregnancy are high unless you are on a hormonal contraception.It is suggested that you should take an emergency contraceptive pill like plan-b within 72 hrs of the last intercourse. This shall help preventing implantation and making the endometrium unfavourable for embryo thereby preventing conception. YOU SHALL EXPERIENCE A WITHDRAWAL BLEED WITHIN 7-10 DAYS FOLLOWING THE PILL INTAKE WHICH SHALL CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE PREGNANCY SAFE.I hope I have answered your concerns in detail,Wishing you safer sexual practices.Regards