Im 18 years of age And I've suddenly been getting back pain

Patient

Q: Im 18 years of age. And I've suddenly been getting back pains and feeling sick and really bad headaches lasting all day on and off. I want to know I am pregnant. I'm on my period and I only started two days ago. I'm quite big. But not to big, please help me

Doctor

A:   Hi
Thank you for the question,

If you are on your period then you are not pregnant. You have the back pain because of periods. Your body becomes weak when you are on your period. Some people will also suffer from vomitings, motions, dizziness and more.

Here are a few home remedies which can help you:
- As a pain reliever, ice works great. It temporarily blocks pain signals and helps reduce swelling. Several times a day, lay an ice pack wrapped in a towel on the painful area for up to 20 minutes.
- Ginger root, which is used to cure vomiting, can also be used in the treatment of back pain. The anti-inflammatory compounds in ginger can give you relief from a backache.
- Basil leaves can also come to your rescue when suffering from a backache.
- Poppy seeds work wonders as remedy of backache.
- Massaging your back with an herbal oil can help your muscles relax and relieve pain. You can use any herbal oil such as eucalyptus oil, almond oil, olive oil or coconut oil.

If you do not feel better after 3 days, talk to your Doctor. I hope this will help you. Have a nice day.