I’m 19 years old and have had Sciatica

Patient: I’m 19 years old. Have had a bit of sciatica pain throughout my life. The other day I woke up with horrible pain shooting down my right leg and this morning I woke up and the back of the leg is completely number from my butt to my heel.

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.You seem to be suffering from Prolapsed Intervertebral Disc Compression.I would a dvise you to get following:1. MRI LS spine2. Serum Calcium and Vitamin D3 levels3. ESR, CRP, Rheumatoid factor.For muscular pain I advise following:1. A combination of pain killer and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocolchicoside.2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.If the compression is found you would be treated with a combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.