Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Im 20 years old ahave been very depressed and stressed

Im 20 years old ahave been very depressed and stressed

Patient: Im 20 years old ahave been very depressed and stressed out .. Lately I’ve noticed that my penis does not hang as low as usual and when erect there’s less blood flow especially to the head of my penis .. It’s almost like it shrunk … Is it possible for a 20 year old makes penis to shrink?

Doctor: HelloThanks for using “ask the doctor” for posting your query.Sex and erection is a mind-body act. Proper function ing takes place only if the body (genitals ) are healthy and if you are in a right state of mind. At age 20 years we generally dont expect any penile problem. The reduced strength in the erection could very well be due to the depression or the stress (as you have already stated). Depression needs to be treated well to get rid of these sexual problems. Among the available options bupropion will be a good option (150mg-300mg). This acts on the depression and has no sexual side-effects. Also maintain a healthy life style by taking some time off for hobby or exercise. This will reduce your stress.Do meet your doctor and get the above-mentioned medicine prescribed.Hope this helps your problem.Wish you a good health