Ask The Doctor > Pending > I’m 20 years old and recently started wetting the bed

I’m 20 years old and recently started wetting the bed

Patient: I’m 20 years old and recently started wetting the bed about 3 nights a week. I had trouble with bed wetting when I was younger but eventually got it under control when I was around 7 or 8, maybe a little younger. I don’t wake up at all and will wake up afterwards because of the cold & wet feeling. I’ve tried limiting my fluid intake before bed and setting an alarm for the middle of the night to wake up and use the bathroom but it doesn’t seem to be helping. Nothing has changed in my life recently: no new medications or anything like that.

Doctor: