Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Im 21, M and just had sex for the first time in my life. Concerns about orgasm.

Im 21, M and just had sex for the first time in my life. Concerns about orgasm.

Patient: Im 21, M and just had sex for the first time in my life. Whenever i masturbate it takes like 30 minutes to orgasm/ejaculate sometimes less sometimes more but i went for two hours with my girl friend, for the first time ever, and i didnt even come close to orgasming/ejaculating. What gives?

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor.Nervousness during sex or as it is medically called “Performance Anxiety” affects man y at their first intercourse. Performance anxiety can prevent you from doing what you enjoy and can affect your career. Worst of all, performance anxiety can negatively affect your self-esteem and self-confidence. Although it may be impossible to totally overcome performance anxiety, there are many things you can do to control your emotions and reduce anxiety. Sex is more than just a physical response. Arousal is tied to your emotions, too. When your mind is too stressed out to focus on sex, your body can’t get excited either.If the problem persists, consult a doctor.