Im 21, M and just had sex for the first time in my life. Concerns about orgasm.

Patient

Q: Im 21, M and just had sex for the first time in my life. Whenever i masturbate it takes like 30 minutes to orgasm/ejaculate sometimes less sometimes more but i went for two hours with my girl friend, for the first time ever, and i didnt even come close to orgasming/ejaculating. What gives?

Doctor

A:   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
Nervousness during sex or as it is medically called "Performance Anxiety" affects many at their first intercourse. Performance anxiety can prevent you from doing what you enjoy and can affect your career. Worst of all, performance anxiety can negatively affect your self-esteem and self-confidence. Although it may be impossible to totally overcome performance anxiety, there are many things you can do to control your emotions and reduce anxiety. Sex is more than just a physical response. Arousal is tied to your emotions, too. When your mind is too stressed out to focus on sex, your body can't get excited either.

If the problem persists, consult a doctor.