I'm 21 years old and about two months ago I

Q: I'm 21 years old and about two months ago I noticed a severe pain in my left testicle after hockey. The pain evunatlly subsided but comes back almost daily not as severe but a dull pain in my left testicle and groin and down my left inner thigh and occasionally my left kidney area what could be the causes?

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com

A persistent pain in the left testicle, and around the groin and thighs indicates that the testes is inflamed and could also be swollen.

It could be due to epididymo- orchitis, which is a result of a previous UTI, and the other possibility is varicocele. I will advise you to get an ultrasound of the scrotum done to check for the size of the left testes and this will help in a conclusive diagnosis.

Meanwhile you can take Tab. Chymotrypsin SOS for the pain relief.

Hope this was helpful,
Feel free to discuss further,