I'm 21 years old and about two months ago I

Patient : I'm 21 years old and about two months ago I noticed a severe pain in my left testicle after hockey. The pain evunatlly subsided but comes back almost daily not as severe but a dull pain in my left testicle and groin and down my left inner thigh and occasionally my left kidney area what could be the causes?
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. A persistent pain in the left testi cle, and around the groin and thighs indicates that the testes is inflamed and could also be swollen. It could be due to epididymo- orchitis, which is a result of a previous UTI, and the other possibility is varicocele. I will advise you to get an ultrasound of the scrotum done to check for the size of the left testes and this will help in a conclusive diagnosis. Meanwhile you can take Tab. Chymotrypsin SOS for the pain relief. Hope this was helpful, Feel free to discuss further, Regards