I'm 22 and have Cervical Osteoarthritis! I'm really worried,

Patient : I'm 22 and have Cervical Osteoarthritis! I'm really worried, my nurse called and told me today. I'm scared because every place says elderly people get it. It's a degeneration Disease so obviously it will get worse. I have a mother addicted to heavy painkillers for a nerve disorder. I don't want to be like her! From what I read they don't normally operate surgery for this. Will this effect the quality of my life? I've never smoked and there is not a single person in my family with arthritis. I don't understand how I got it.
Symptoms:  Neck spasms