Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m 22 yrs old,I am unable to last more than 15 min.

I’m 22 yrs old,I am unable to last more than 15 min.

Patient: Im 22yrs old. To get to the point. Sexually i am unable to last more than 15min, and after i am rarely able to regain an erection to go for an additional “round” for lack of better terms? Any suggestions? I feel i should definately be able to be more productive in this area due to being in great athletic shape and in good health.

Doctor: Hello,Welcome to Ask The Doctor.As per the description provided you are well within the normal limits! Men are not e ndowed with the ability to have multiple orgasms within a short while. The quality of erection is what may matter in your case. A man has erectile dysfunction when his penis regularly fails to give an erection that is good enough to achieve or maintain sexual penetration. Most men, occasionally, have experienced some difficulty with their penis becoming hard or staying firm, but this is not to be termed erectile dysfunction, which is a concern only if satisfactory sexual performance remains impossible on a persistent occasions for a reasonable span of time.Broadly, two forms of erectile dysfunctions exist – medical or psychosocial. Here, psychosocial means psychological effects – including the effects of social relationships – on sexual performance. Of course, medical conditions can also affect psychological well being, and while the main cause of sexual impotence will be medical or psychological, there can be overlap between the two.Erectile dysfunction was previously known as ‘impotence’ before the causes became better understood and successful treatments were proposed. Impotence is a term that is still in use, however. Erection problems usually don’t affect your sex drive. Erection problems are quite common and almost all adult men have trouble getting or keeping an erection at one time or another. Often the problem goes away with little or no treatment. But for some men, it can be an ongoing problem. This is called erectile dysfunction (ED).If you have trouble getting or keeping an erection more than 25% of the time, you should see your doctor.