Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m 23 and had two miscarriage with two different men Am

I’m 23 and had two miscarriage with two different men Am

Patient: I’m 23 and had two miscarriage with two different men.Am I the problem ?What can I do to prevent a third miscarriage?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.The possible causes of recurrent miscarriages are chromosom al abnormalities, TORCH group of infections, Antiphospholipid antibodies syndrome, cervical incompetence etc.This time before planning for pregnancy, please consult your doctor and get evaluated to rule out TORCH group of infections, Antiphospholipid antibodies syndrome, cervical incompetence etc and check for chromosomal analysis of you and your partner.If any abnormality found out, take necessary treatment.Then start taking folic acid prophylaxis three months before planning for pregnancy.Possibly these steps may help in preventing future miscarriage.Take care