I'm 24 weeks pregnant and for 3 hours now I've been having braxton hicks.

Patient : Im 24 weeks pregnant and for 3 hours now I've been having what i think are braxton hicks. But the pain/pressure won't go away. What can i do?
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Usually Braxton Hicks contractions are infrequent, irregular, painless contractions, which will subside soon without need of treatment. Taking adequate water and fluids, avoiding retention of urine, rhythmic breathing, changing position, lying preferably in left lateral position etc can decrease Braxton Hicks contractions. If pain persist even after these measures, better to consult your doctor and get evaluated to rule out the possibility of premature uterine contractions. Take care.