I’m 26 and something is wrong with my body temps

Patient: Good Morning. I wanted to know if I can get a answer on what I am experiencing. I live in DC and it is freezing cold outside. However, EVERY single morning I go into work and sit at my desk, I immediately get extremely hot. I’m sweating, my glasses fog up, I have to fan myself and I feel like I am sitting next to several flames. After about 20 mins, I then cool down. I am only 26 years old can you help me? Thank you…

Symptoms: Entire body sweating, turn red,

Doctor: Thank you for your question. It is possible that you may have a developed an endocrinological problem associated with yo ur thyroid gland. When the thyroid gland is over producing Thyroid hormone. Excess thyroid hormone increases your body’s metabolism leading to increases sweating, heart rate, anxiety and restlessness. You will have to undergo a thyroid function blood test in order to determine if you are suffering from hyperthyroidism. If you are indeed diagnosed with hyperthyroidism, you will be prescribed medication to lower your thyroid hormone levels, thereby mitigating your current symptoms. Please see your doctor.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com