Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Im 27 male history of drinking liquor for year and

Im 27 male history of drinking liquor for year and

Patient: Im 27 male history of drinking liquor for year and a half recently drink for three days then 24 hours later the right side of my head went numb face too and my right hand lasted for about 14 hours now for a few weeks ive been having bad headaches back right side i dont have money for the doctors there is only the emergency room

Symptoms: Headache

Doctor: HelloThank you posting your query on ATD.Alcohol can be toxic to nerve tissue. People who drink too much may star t to feel pain and tingling in their limbs. This is known as alcoholic neuropathy. In people with alcoholic neuropathy, the peripheral nerves have been damaged by too much alcohol use.Thiamine, folate, niacin, vitamins B6 and B12, and vitamin E are all needed for proper nerve function. Drinking too much can alter levels of these nutrients and affect the spread of alcoholic neuropathy. Fortunately, abstaining from alcohol can help restore your nutritional health. This may improve your symptoms and help prevent further nerve damage. However, some alcohol-induced nerve damage is permanent.You are advised to stop drinking alcohol. You may visit a local physician who may prescribe 5 doses of B-Complex injections to be taken on alternate days intramuscular or you may take tablets of B- Complex once daily for one month.Wish you a good health