I'm 30 weeks pregnant and I have been having lower abdominal pain

Patient

Q: I'm 30 weeks pregnant and I have been having lower abdominal pain for 3 days

Doctor

thanks for the query.

If you have been experiencing lower abdominal pain at 30 week of pregnancy for last 3 days, then it is important that you undertake an ultrasound pelvis to check for foetal viability sooner and get a urine culture test as well to rule out any urinary tract infection. If the scan comes out to be normal and the daily foetal movement count is more than 10 in a day then there is nothing to worry about and the pain can be due to Braxton Hick's contractions which are normal in third trimester.

Hope this helps you.